PASA-PASBO Survey on the Impact of Funding Cuts (September 2011) – Survey reveals new school year has begun with reduced learning opportunities for students. Click here (pdf) to read the survey report.
- (Sept 30) EPLC President Ron Cowell’s Testimony to Basic Education Funding Commission
- (Aug 26) Basic Ed circuit riders to boost awareness for need of ‘fair and predictable’ school funding
- (Aug 20) PASA / PASBO Basic Education Funding Commission School Finance Briefing Presentation
- (Aug 19) New Philly research consortium to “provide research and analyses on some of the city’s most pressing education issues” for the city’s district and charter sectors.
- (Aug 18) Manderino to head new school funding campaign
- (Aug 6) $265M for Philly schools may not be enough to start classes on time, superintendent says
- (July 2) Budget stalled, Senate goes home, House wrangles on pension changes
- (July 1) Corbett wants General Assembly to send him ‘meaningful pension reform’ before signing the budget