Department of Education
- 2016-2017 Enacted Summary of State Education Appropriations (Excel)
This file contains a summary of the enacted funding levels for 2016-2017 for Department of Education appropriations.
- 2016-2017 Estimated Basic Education Funding (Excel)The enacted budget includes $5,895,079,000 for the 2016-2017 Basic Education Funding appropriation. This amount is a $200,000,000 increase (3.51 percent) over the 2015-2016 appropriation.New dollars after the 2014-2015 fiscal year, totaling approximately $352,398,832, will be distributed based on the formula recommended by the Basic Education Funding Commission.
- 2016-2017 Estimated Special Education Funding (Excel)
The enacted budget includes $1,096,815,000 for the 2016-2017 Special Education appropriation. This amount is a $20,000,000 increase (1.86 percent) over the 2015-2016 appropriation.For the Special Education Funding component, new dollars after the 2013-2014 fiscal year, totaling $65,450,000, will be distributed based on categories of support for students with disabilities.
- Ready-to-Learn Block Grant (Excel)
The enacted budget includes $250,000,000 for the 2016-2017 Ready to Learn Block Grant appropriation. This is the same amount appropriated for 2015-2016.
- Secondary Career and Technical Education Subsidy (description and estimated allocation)
- Governor Wolf Signs School Code, Fiscal Code, Tax Code, and Non-preferred Appropriations Bills (July 14, 2016)
- Governor Wolf Announces 2016-2017 Budget Is Complete (video – July 13, 2016)
- Governor Wolf’s ‘Schools That Teach’ Priority
The Education Policy and Leadership Center
- Watch EPLC’s “Focus on Education” May 2016 episode featuring two parts: 1) Dr. Richard D. Nilsen, Executive Director of the PA Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development and 2) Pennsylvania Secretary of Education Pedro A. Rivera
- Watch EPLC’s “Focus on Education” February 2016 episode: A discussion on Governor Wolf’s 2016-2017 state budget proposal for education, featuring:
Jodi Askins, Executive Director, PA Association for the Education of Young Children
Tom Gluck, Executive Director, PA Association of Intermediate Units
Marc Stier, Director, PA Budget and Policy Center
Kathy Swope, President, PA School Boards Association