One way to CelebrateSuccess! Is to have a party! Consider holding an event to celebrate your achievements and tell your story to parents, teachers, legislators, the press and your community in a festive atmosphere. Use the achievement and state funding data unique to your school district.
School communities already have lots of existing opportunities to CelebrateSuccess! For example:
- A school assembly
- A reception before or after a regular board meeting
- A reception before or after a regular PTA/PTO meeting
- A halftime ceremony at a sports event
- Keystone awards event
- A special CelebrateSuccess!event –
- Breakfast with the PSSA stars with awards for most improved, classes with highest percentage of advanced students etc.
- Thank the taxpayers event
- Pep rally for student success
At any of these events, you could invite your local legislators to take part, make a presentation to high achieving students or classes, give a leadership award to a legislator etc.
You get more bang for your buck if you invite your local media:
- Identify local media outlets
- Send a media advisory before the event (see CelebrateSuccess! sample media advisory)
- Prepare a press release to hand out at the event and send out after (see CelebrateSuccess! sample press release)
- Put press release and photos of the event on your website and in your parents’ newsletter
Here are the tools in your Mini toolkit for a CelebrateSuccess! event:
- Sample invitation to legislators – MS Word File | PDF
- Sample media advisory – MS Word File | PDF
- Sample press release – MS Word File | PDF
- Comprehensive list of news outlets (thanks to PSEA)